Last Updated: November 19, 2016
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create a profile, sign up to be matched with another user, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, phone number, gender, your child’s date of birth, gender school information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to [improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services and publicly available sources. If you create or log into your account through a social media site, such as Facebook, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your Facebook ID and friend’s list, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
▪ Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
▪ Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations;
▪ Send you notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
▪ Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
▪ Communicate with you about carpool matches and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
▪ Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
▪ Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user interests; and
▪ Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Neighbor Technology is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
▪ With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
▪ In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
▪ If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Neighbor Technology or others;
▪ In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
▪ With our platform users you are matched with to carpool; and
▪ With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHER
Neighbor Technology takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account, emailing us at Service@CallNeighbor.com. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at Service@CallNeighbor.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. We currently require this location information in order to use our Services, so if you do not consent to this collection, you cannot use our Services. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Neighbor Technology by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.